Or listen on: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play | Download
This week’s episode is a little different. I have masterminded with my close friend Jenny Blake since 2009 on all things life, business, writing, creativity, systems, and more. Our calls, usually at least an hour long, sometimes two, are absolutely a pivotal piece to the success of both our businesses and writing careers. This weekend, we decided we should turn on the mic and talk about our systems and processes, since we are constantly sharing tips, tools, and tricks we’ve found to make things easier.
This is a long one!
But worth it. 🙂
This Week’s Guests:
What You’ll Learn About Writing This Week:
- SYSTEMS! Check the list below – we talk about ALL these things.
- The Better Than Nothing (BTN) principle and how to start something new using it.
- Why you should welcome feedback and criticism, a process for responding, and how to apply it internally.
- Using frameworks and weighting and spreadsheets to make big personal decisions about business, relationships, life events, etc.
- How to maintain and store your files and applications on the cloud, so that everything is protected AND available wherever you are in the world when you need to access them.
Mentioned In This Episode:
If you enjoyed this episode and love listening to people geek out about writing, please leave us a review letting others know. Thanks so much!
Elisa Doucette is a writer and editor who works with professional writers, entrepreneurs, and brands that want to make their own words even better. She is the Founder of Craft Your Content, and oversees Client Strategy and Writing Coaching. Her own writing has been featured in places like Forbes, The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Yahoo! Small Business, and The Huffington Post, among others. She also hosts the Writers' Rough Drafts podcast here on CYC. When she isn't writing, editing, or reading words, she can usually be found at a local pub quiz, deep in a sun salutation, or binging TV shows for concept ideas and laughs.